Monday, October 11, 2010

Creativity From Without


                 Where do you get your inspiration? From your surroundings, your experiences, or maybe just one item you are drawn to? Your creativity sometimes requires you to look outside the box, and find your inspiration in unexpected places or things. When you find inspiration, it is something that catches your attention and gives you ideas, which influence your designs.
                When I have to look outside the box, I look through my surroundings.  My creativity comes from the scenery, the season, a flower, or the ambiance of my favorite spot at the park. It’s what inspires me to create something in my designs. It is the unexpected feeling of influence and idea.
                For example, this scene I photographed.

                In the scenery, the textures of the rocks are very rough and the waves are harsh. But, there is also the light fog in the back, and the softness of the greens. My influence would be the contrast in textures. From this, I can create an outfit that is edgy and soft, and use the colors of the scenery as my palette.
                Creativity from without isn’t hard if you find inspiration. If something catches your attention, try to view it in a different perspective. From there, it can lead you to new ideas and you’ll view it as something more than what it really is. It is the essence of creation when you find something that triggers your attention, something that makes you want to use what you see as an influence in your designs. It’s is something that you’re passionate about creating. The end result is something unpredictably beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment